CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Red Gingham




Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved the movie Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and I always wanted a gingham dress. Finally this past summer I made it happen. I found some nice dress gingham on sale so I bought 5 yards - I knew immediately that I wanted a very full skirt. I ended up making a circle skirt. I used a poineer costume pattern for the basic shape of the bodice of my dress, but of course I changed it up - I always do. I added the horizontal gathers on the center front garment piece, shortened the sleeves, rounded the waistline, put the zipper in the side seam like the dresses from the 50s, and added a pocket! The ribbon and red flowers on the left front shoulder were the finishing touches I made for my dress. I thought it all came together quite nicely, too.

0 comments: